Chayah Development Project
Some of our main objectives are:
- Development. This is about bringing about a tangible transition that will allow the women we interact with to have a marked change and grow into who they need to be. Teaching them how to understand self, confidence building, and empowerment that creates an alternative healthy identity.
- Awareness of not only the problems but the solutions available to combat them.
- Understanding that these women can come out of what they are in by highlighting the issues through teaching and training.
- Education and knowledge of not only how to leave the gangs or violent relationships but also how to live after they have left.
- Change that is positive, consistent and life altering by being examples and mentoring each individual through their personal journeys. •
- Management of the major changes they will have to go through and life after the decision.
- Signposting is absolutely essential in making sure that there is after care.
- Coaching in terms of goal setting and achieving their own personal goals
- Support is so important in this journey and each individual should be aware that no matter their pace they have support at every stage.